All cosmetic procedures deliver different results of different kinds of people. This is also true for a facelift. Every person has a unique face, so expect the outcome of a facelift to be different as well.
Facelift results can be truly amazing. Most patients would look like ten years younger than their real age. Dramatic outcome, right? But the question is, how long will it last?
A facelift is quite a huge investment. It involves certain risks, and is also very expensive. Given all the amazing improvements, surely, patients would want it to last longer, if not forever.
Unfortunately, the results of a facelift procedure will, no doubt, will slightly fade all over time.
The good news is that, you can slow down a facelift’s percentage of declination. Since the results are based on some important factors, it will help you keep the wonderful facelift outcome for a longer time.
Technique of Facelift
Specifically for the the technique, there are variety types of facelift techniques, with varied degrees of invasiveness. Usually, the higher the possibilities or invasive the method is, the longer the outcome will last. Procedures with less invasive approaches such as mini facelifts can deliver moderate outcomes, but can last for around 2 to 6 years.
Experience and Skill Level of the Plastic Surgeon
The background and skill level of your plastic surgeon can also play a significant role in a facelift’s great outcome. If the professional who treated you truly specializes in facelift procedures, then surely, they have the knowledge necessary to ensure that the amazing results would last.
The Patient’s Lifestyle
If you want your facelift result to last longer, you need to have a healthy lifestyle. Patients who live a healthy, balanced routine generally enjoy a more youthful appearance for a longer time frame. Maintain a healthy diet, regular exercise routine, and meticulous skin care regimen to manage the good results well.
Genetics and Skin Conditions
Genetics play a primary role in sustaining the great benefits delivered by facelift surgery.
Usually, patients with healthier, darker complexion enjoy longer lasting outcomes. Those with fairer skin, on the other hand, experience some forms of skin damage.
The patient’s age during the time of the surgery is also a crucial factor. Those who undergo facelift before turning 60 appear to enjoy the results for a longer time.
Additional Treatments and Procedures
Combining facelift with other procedures, such as rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery, is a good decision because it can cater to much longer lasting results. Since these other procedures also enhance the other parts of the face, it makes the overall facelift outcome even more remarkable.
How in making the result of facelift to last longer? Here are some tips!
- Choose an experienced plastic surgeon
- Ensure to follow all the instructions that related to the post-procedure
- Take follow up for appointments seriously
- Practice extreme sun protection, also to slow down any possibility of aging sign
- Drink lots of water
- Use a high-quality moisturizer everyday
- Avoid drinking alcohol; heavy drinking can ruin your skin’s appearance
- Stop smoking; smoking changes blood flow, and can accelerate the aging process
- Make sure to maintain a healthy and proper weight
- Eating a well-balanced and healthy diet
- Exercising regularly, if not everyday
- Get non-surgical cosmetic treatments. In-office treatments like laser treatments, Botox, dermal fillers, medical facials, and chemical peels can keep your skin looking young and glowing.